A very convenient feature of our online quotation system is that you can add secondary processes like painting and pad printing right in the initial Request For Quote (RFQ) input screen.
When you request a quote for a custom plastic injection molding project, you have additional options for your plastic parts right in the initial request for quote (RFQ) screen. In the previous version of our online quote system, these secondary process options had to be added after the initial RFQ was submitted.
You could always select the “primary” options like material, color and surface finish, but now you can now also choose secondary processes like painting, powder coating and chrome plating, right from a dropdown menu in the RFQ form.
We also offer additional, value-added services to help you get your parts finished, assembled, and even packaged, so you can receive your product in a form that’s ready to go to market. Some of these services include:
- Ultrasonic Welding: ICOMold’s ultrasonic welding process uses high frequency mechanical sound waves (ultrasonics) to create molecular heat between thermoplastic materials so the plastic will melt and form a molecular bond between the parts to join two parts together.
- Hot Plate Welding: Our hot plate welder uses a heated platen to melt the joining surfaces of the two halves of a thermoplastic part. Hot plate welding allows precise control of the melt temperature, excellent weld strength, and the ability to weld larger, complex parts together. See our hot plate welding video.
- Heat Pressing: Metal inserts can be placed into plastic parts post-molding by using heat and pressing the inserts into the parts.
- Heat Staking: This process joins two parts by inserting the boss of one part into a hole in the other part and deforming the stud with heat to mechanically lock the parts together.
- Post-Molding Machining: Additional CNC machining operations done after the plastic injection molding process is completed.
- Pad Printing & Silk Screening: Our capabilities include printing custom-colored graphics on parts for purposes like branding, labeling and part number identification.
- Packaging: Once we have produced your parts, we can assemble and package them into clamshell/blister packs, boxes, insert header cards, etc. Your product can be packaged and ready to sell once it reaches you.
- Assembly: ICOMold can take the parts we make for you, as well as additional supplied parts, and assemble them for you.
Visit our quoting page to request a quote for a custom plastic injection molding project with secondary processes.