Mold in color plastic is an excellent way to ensure long lasting, unfading color that is more than skin deep. The final appearance of your injection-molded part is important. The correct color will help with branding and attracting the attention of consumers. ICOMold by Fathom offers a variety of secondary processes to ensure the correct color, including painting and plating. However, these secondary processes can be costly and add extra days or weeks to the project time line. Paint is only a surface treatment, susceptible to chips, scratches, and chemicals. Mold in color plastic will have a uniform color throughout the part. The color will not chip or fade away as it would when the paint layer fails.
ICOMold by Fathom offers the list of standard colors for plastic parts shown below. The appearance of these colors on the screen may vary depending on the color calibration of your device. Pantone Matching System, or PMS, codes can be used for more accurate molding color.
Advantages of Mold in Color Plastic:
- Solid coloring all the way through the part.
- Mold-in-Color will not chip or fade like paint.
- Accurate color matching with our plastic color code system.
The experts at ICOMold by Fathom can help you select the perfect molding color. Here are a few facts to keep in mind:
- Mold in color plastic is not guaranteed to be an exact match. Customers are responsible for verifying that the test parts meet the desired color requirements.
- Some colorants may not be compatible with the plastic base resin selected.
- Adding a colorant to base resin may alter the resin property. The altered properties could affect any or all of the following ratings: Food and Drug Administration (FDA), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) US Pharmacopeia (USP), Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Customers are responsible for ensuring that the colorant/resin combination selected meets their requirements.
Speak with the experts at ICOMold before starting your next injection-molding project to select the perfect molding color. Standard colors are shown below. The appearance of the colors shown below may vary depending on the display calibration of your device or monitor.
|Color||PMS Color Code||Color Name|
|PMS Light Blue||Light Blue|
|PMS Cool Gray 6||Ice Gray|
|PMS-Warm Gray 3||Sand|
|PMS-Cool Gray 11||Smoke Gray|